In December 2011, the Employment Initiative Program (EIP) unveiled Hero 2 Hired (H2H), a comprehensive employment program designed to address the unique needs of Reserve Component members. These are key components of the overall effort addressing the unemployment and underemployment faced by the men and women in the Guard and Reserve. EIP has a high-tech and high-touch approach; the high-tech approach is comprised of the website H2H.Jobs which provides employers with the ability to post available jobs and for service members to post resumes and make a job connection. The high-touch approach comes through a series of employment related events being provided by the DoD Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program and ESGR state specific job events.
H2H is a comprehensive employment program with a powerful job search site and online community that is 100% free for veterans, service members and employers. H2H’s resources include:
- An H2H.jobs interactive website with job listings, career exploration tools, education and training resources, advice and tips, and networking opportunities
- Military skills translator – converts military experience to civilian career paths
- Job seeker profile builders
- Social networking
- Hiring Our Heroes events
- Virtual career fairs
- Mobile phone apps for IOS, Android and Windows Phones
- Mobile job store at hundreds of events across the nation
- An innovative Facebook application
The goal of H2H is to simplify the job search while reducing the number of unemployed Reserve Component Service members. H2H.jobs also allows military-friendly companies to access the talented men and women in the military, post job openings, search for candidates and invite them to apply, and participate in hiring events – all free of charge.
Visit H2H.Jobs today