To foster a culture in which all employers support and value the employment and military service of members of the National Guard and Reserve in the United States.
ESGR facilitates and promotes a cooperative culture of employer support for National Guard and Reserve service by developing and advocating mutually beneficial initiatives; recognizing outstanding employer support; increasing awareness of applicable laws and policies; resolving potential conflicts between employers and their service members; and acting as the employers’ principal advocate within DoD.
Paramount to ESGR's mission is encouraging employment of Guardsmen and Reservists who bring integrity, global perspective and proven leadership to the civilian workforce.
- All Employers
- All Uniformed Service members
- Families of affected Service members
1. Gain and maintain support from employers for National Guard and Reserve service
2. Educate customers and stakeholders
3. Advocate within DoD for National Guard and Reserve employers
4. Facilitate employment and/or educational opportunities for National Guard and Reserve Service members
5. Continually refine the ESGR organization for relevancy, effectiveness, and efficiency
6. Enhance brand awareness and visibility of ESGR to all customers and stakeholders