Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve is a Department of Defense program that develops and promotes supportive work environments for Service members in the Reserve Components through outreach, recognition, and educational opportunities that increase awareness of applicable laws, and resolves employment conflicts between the Service members and their employers.
All employers support and value the employment of members of the National Guard and Reserve in the United States and Territories, thereby increasing the readiness of the Reserve Components.
All uniformed Service members
Families of affected Service members
State and Territory governors
Department of Defense
Department of Homeland Security
Department of Labor
Department of Veterans Affairs
ESGR volunteers and staff
1. Gain and maintain support from employers for National Guard and Reserve service
2. Educate customers and stakeholders
3. Advocate within the Department of Defense for National Guard and Reserve employers
4. Continually refine the ESGR organization for relevancy, effectiveness, and efficiency
5. Enhance consistent general population brand awareness and visibility of ESGR nationwide
6. Enhance awareness and value of the Employment Initiative Program to both the employers and members of the Guard and Reserve